My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.unpastiche.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

I'll be back, very shortly!

I know it's been a while since I posted, but I've been really productive - I've been to Perth and had North African cuisine, then to Melbourne where I went crazy with all the cakes that the city had to offer - I can safely say that I've eaten at most of the food blogger-recommended places and then some. I'm now in Sydney, where I'm finally able to not live out of my suitcase. I'll be staying here in Sydney for the next month, but might be heading up North to Brisbane and Gold Coast (whee!) so we'll see ;) Food-wise, the trip has been a total adventure - I've been trying all the loveliest food everywhere and I'm busy mentally recording all these tastes and sounds and hoping to recreate them in my kitchen later. I've also been absorbing the culture of these places - I really love the cosmopolitan-ness of Australia, and how the different cultures have indeed become a melting pot, and not a 'salad bowl' (a la Singapore). I also can't wait to experiment with new food - I have yet to try baking with rhubarbs and other interesting temperate fruits/veggies but I've been stocking up the pantry with basics so that I can begin baking and cooking asap! :]

No photos to accompany this post, sorry! But I'd like to add that I've been going stir-crazy at the op shops and vintage markets here - I've bought a huge-ass porcelain cake stand (which is super awesome) as well as cups and vintage ramekins whee! :D Will be updating this blog really really soon :]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...