My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.unpastiche.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just a little sneak :)

These little sneak peeks were hastily taken with my phone after piping them and while I was waiting for them to form a skin :) Yes, I do know that exposure and lighting are all very off, but it usually happens when I'm all impatient to snap a photo before I forget. 

The tiny black dots are vanilla bean seeds. It's my first time using gel food coloring and I overestimated how much to use, resulting in a slightly garish pink :/




I've made a chocolate mint ganache for them, as well as a salted caramel buttercream. Friends and family who tried them say they're getting better =D Am thinking of getting fresh strawberries tomorrow to try the strawberry buttercream for some of the shells. Whee :)

5 comments:

j3ss kitch3n said...

beautiful! i can't wait to see the end results!

Anonymous said...

ooooooh! heart shaped macarons! yumz! could we have more than a peekaboo? :)

Unknown said...

Ooh you have finally taken the plunge! Can't wait to see the end product and the full post!

Janine said...

@jess: thanks :)

@travellingfoodies and honey: i haven't exactly taken photos of the completed product so I'll try to do that soon heh!

@honey: and yes, I've taken the plunge (a couple of times already actually) hehe :D ur book was a great help!

CaThY said...

Sweet little hearts ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...