My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.unpastiche.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

This year for Christmas, I received the most wonderful gift ever. Jon surprised me with a huge wrapped box, and to his dismay, I guessed that it was a stand mixer! Anyhow, he tried to bluff and tell me that it was Kenwood and when I saw that it was a Kitchenaid, I literally jumped for joy and squealed with glee. He then tried to bluff me that it was white and for a moment I really believed it was white. But nooooooo, it was in my favouritest (I made this word up) color - LOVELY RED. Gosh. The plan I had for myself was to slowly save up for the Kitchenaid mixer, and perhaps reward myself with it about 1-2 years down the road. So I guess there's no reason not to bake harder cakes (or meringues) any longer. I shall christen my mixer Bombino, after boms (a private joke) and bambino, which is Italian for baby. 

To herald the start of my baking journey, I made a chocolate swiss roll, which was then transformed into a Christmas log cake for a Christmas party I was attending. Recipes and pictures later!



Oh and here's the picture of my bombino :)
Oooh look mommy it's so shiny (and new and red)!

My Bombino (I tried to blur the hodgepodge of things I have on my countertop)





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...